Friday, February 25, 2011

for the love of art

let me introduce myself...

My name is Heather Sinnott, I am a painter, I am a wife, a new mother, a teacher, a student.. i live in my own constant creative process, as it is my journey, living life in a mind full of ideas swarming, bursting inspiration, life and creativity in any form. I began painting seriously about 10 years ago and a graduate of the Honours Fine arts Program at Bishop's University in Lennoxville, Quebec. I graduated at the top of my class with distinction receiving awards of excellence for my studio work. Though proud of my accomplishments, I am humble about my work, it is honest, it is vulnerable, it is the story of my heart.

I love being an artist because I love to create, without it would feel incomplete. It is simply a part of me. When I paint my mind disconnects and my hands start to work, I enter into a space of stillness that feels in slow motion, like i have all the time in the world. When I paint I am connecting with the paint & canvas, connecting with my heart  and God. For me it is a silent conversation of my heart because it is truly is a language that my heart understands clearly. Each stroke followed by another in a series of movements like a dance on canvas. In this place, there is freedom. 

I tend to work in series, their medium and subject can vary and is completely open to whatever is expressed. Each completely different from the next from representational to abstract. I paint what my heart feels at that moment in time, what it is saying, what it is hearing or feeling. Some series are well thought out and planned, some are completely spontaneous in the moment of stillness and complete peace.

My journey has been wonderful, challenging, lots of work and at times easy and flowing and full of some great opportunities at others. We all hit road bumps or creative blocks or times where we just can't seem to paint it out,  but we all grow, move forward and watch new buds grow and blossom on our trees of life. My work has shown all over and  I have enjoyed it and am proud of everything I have done and still look forward to more. I can't wait to see what's next, pushing myself to constantly move forward, grow and experience new things and find opportunities to share my heart with those interested in the journey.  

to check out my work visit

this blog will be full of art, ramblings, things I love, things that inspire me, features, new work, shows, sales, all things art! Enjoy!

No comments: