Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Surrendering to His love

It has been forever since I have written..

I started this thing think i would be on in all the time as I really love to blog and instead I find myself too busy for anything right now.

That said, I netter get started..

Thoughts..

God has been pressing into me lately.

Intimacy, closeness, love.

Big time love.

All the words I hear, pictures I am seeing all surround love.

This might have to do with the fact that I am now 5.5 months pregnant and getting ready to give birth to my new son. About to have a family. My own family. Me, my husband and my son. What a strange but amazing transition. It has been the 2 of us for so long and now It is going to be 3.

I always thought that I would have so much to write and paint about when I was pregnant. To my surprise I have just been resting. I have been spending a lot of time with God but not painting very much. I feel it is a time to listen, rest and just be loved.

So what is love?

The dictionary defines love as:

  1. A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
  2. A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.

    1. Sexual passion.
    2. Sexual intercourse.
    3. A love affair.
  3. An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
  4. A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.
  5. An expression of one's affection: Send him my love.

    1. A strong predilection or enthusiasm: a love of language.
    2. The object of such an enthusiasm: The outdoors is her greatest love.
  6. Love Mythology. Eros or Cupid.
  7. often Love Christianity. Charity.
  8. Sports. A zero score in tennis.

I’m not even sure if this is the right way to describe love.. The only one of these that even speaks to me is 4. An intense emotional attachment.


An intense emotional connection.. ? It is an intense emotional connections.. it is an excitement, a safety, a trust you feel and it is not only how you feel and what you recieve, but how much you want to give, and pour out into that other person.


I feel there have been few paintings painted lately as I feel that I am suppose to rest and not force anything and really just paint the pictures when God shows me them or speaks to me about something specific or something he really places on my heart. But the ones I have painted are all about love. The first piece of the year was “the dance” this massive piece that God showed me 9 x 4 feet. Me and him, dancing together. Enjoying each other, in love. It expressed the abandonment in love and the surrender to lay down my life in knowing that he is in control. He showed me that he dances over us in celebration over even the smallest thing we choose to hand over, what we choose to let him be in control of.


"the dance" 9 x 4 feet mixed media



This entire year has felt this way. Surrender into love. What a beautiful picture.. I wonder that that looks like?

Visually I mean..

Surrendering into His love.

No comments: