Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The eye of the storm.


 
 I am sitting in my office today with what feels like the entire company whizzing around me. Month End.. it is one of the busiest weeks of the entire season. Everyone is going bananas, shit hitting the fan and splattering in every direction. Right now my office is one of the most stressful, tense environments you have ever felt. This summer is the first summer that I am not working full time as a coordinator. I guess I should add a little bit of background.  Prior to our little man joining our life I worked for a Relocation firm handling the logistics for  Corporate relocations around the Globe. We are the # 1 corporate mover in North America and pretty much the leaders in our field. We are all about perfection, details, expertise because frankly, they are the best and only believe in building a culture of excellence. So when it comes to the end of the month in each summer month – the busiest weekends for moving, all of these company values of excellence + all the stress from your clients (moving is one of the top 5 most stressful experiences in your entire life, I think close to divorce, and clients can be pretty high strung sometimes) anything going wrong is a great recipe for losing your mind. This year is the first, that I don’t have to handle it all!! Because since little man has been born they were so gracious to set me up at the front desk working part time handling admin work for the company and research for our fine arts department. Which is great!  but It’s a strange feeling not being a part of the hussle and bussle of the insanity.  I feel like I’m in a tornado as it swirls around me, but I am in the eye of the storm. Just working away in complete peace as chairs and desks and cars, screams, phones ringing, people running around up and down the stairs, in and out of meetings, scrambling around in the storm surrounding my desk.

I was talking to my mom about this, expressing how strange it felt, to not feel worried or stressed at all and she said you know it’s kind of amazing when you think of it, this is how life is when trusting God, being caught up with the life happening all around and just living in peace, not worried that he has taken care of it all.   

So today I am grateful for the fact that I no longer have such a stressful job that it makes me cry, or in my case go into labour repetitively 3 months early, I’m grateful that I feel at peace that right now even in some uncertainty and what feels frustrating, I know that God is taking care of it all and I that I choose to live centered, trusting Him in the peace of any storm that may come my way.  

No comments: