Tuesday, September 12, 2017

bring fire to the rain

you bring calm to the storm.
you bring life to me.
your the air that i breathe.
and i love you god.

as i sing this song i see a picture of myself singing on my knees, arm stretched out the wind blowing as the wheat dances around me so gently as i sing my heart out to the Lord.

Calm the storm.

driving in the car today i began to think about all that is happening in the world,  Hurricane Irma taking out entire countries leaving nothing but destruction in its path. I began to pray. pray for the people and then heard on the radio bring fire to the rain and I saw a picture of God with his hand help out signalling  stop. it created a force field like dome holding the storm and chaos away from people. among the destruction ministering angels arms wrapped around surrounded people in the aftermath but they were being held praying peace in the midst of destruction.

- you bring calm to the storm. -

i began to pray that this picture is and will be reality that this is what god was doing. I saw him holding the storm away, holding barriers of the water and wind to no longer cause destruction there and pushing it away.

- you bring calm to the storm - 


...

today we found out that luke has skin cancer again.  in 3 weeks a plastic surgeon will cut out this poisonous life stealer out his precious face.  we didn't expect it this time. we expected to hear this spot is nothing. we had peace.

cancer.

no matter how light or serious, it shakes you up. like a giant hurricane ripping through your house, your life, your home. it feels like a theif, it feels invasive,  like a pit in your stomach, like you cant quite catch your breath, my heart speeds up when i think about it entering my family again.  feelings on shock and fear and destruction left in its path. 




im pressing into the words you bring life to me. your the air that i breathe.

holy spirit come.  bring calm to the storm of all these mixed up emotions that we are feeling right now.  bring us peace.

you can find me in the wheat fields singing songs of hope.

you bring calm to the storm
you bring life to me.
your the air that i breathe,
and i love you god.

bring fire to this rain Lord.





No comments: