Wednesday, November 3, 2010

PAINT BOLDLY!

Grab a brush and GO AT IT!!!
Why does this feel so hard!!??? What is she talking about?? Paint Boldly I hear, Paint boldly.

Yesterday I finished all the organization and cleaning of my room!! my bedroom, with other than some final touches, accessorizing and detailing I am done and my peaceful oasis awaits. Last night Luke and i just sat in there, all night, played with the baby, read stories and just rested. Weird, we have never done that in our room. Luke said strange it feels like a place that I want to enjoy not just 'sleep' or sleep in. it feels peaceful, enjoyable. I agree. I am trying to figure out what room this is in my life, what is complete? What did God change?

So that means the living room is next. My main living space. STRANGE I was really excited to finish our bedroom, to gut it, to clean out the closets and under the bed and I am so excted to FINALLY paint our living room (there isn't anything hiding though.. everything is out in the open). It has been a looong process to pick the colour. I have never had a problem with colour or picking colours but for some reason this room has been intimidating. but I did it. GREEN yes green, not sage, or mint, i mean GREEN like bamboo. Since we have been married I have wanted to paint a room green, I have never done it. I went out yesterday and bought the paint, the brushes, the tray, for some reason I am having trouble making that first stroke. SO BOLD. It is a complete change to my main living space. So what does this represent in me? What is my main living space that God is wanting to freshen, and paint a bold GREEN? Green symbolizes growth. that's a good thing. so why am i afraid?

(Boldly step into growth Heather, into change. Don't be afraid b/c it's gonna be alot better in the end. Trust me with your rooms, I am the best interior decorator around. ♥papa)

1 comment:

Katrina said...

HA! I love that. He is THE interior decorator. I can not wait to see it! It'll look fantastic.