Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Paint Boldly 2

Soo... I did it. Someone said to me, what are you waiting for, just get out that brush and go for it. so I got out a brush and painted the wall.. As soon as I did it, I thought it was a mistake. I was so dissapointed, a colour that has been in my mind for years, something I thought I really wanted and now I thought it looks all wrong. I got Luke, 'eeeek' I said 'it's wrong isn't it?' - 'hmm' he said 'I thought it would be darker.. I don't think that's right... - oh wait.. maybe.. hmm, i don't know. meh just paint it, and we'll see what it looks like, it might surprise us and be exactly what we wanted'

So Here I continue painting my main living space... but as I paint i keep hearing, paint boldly heather, Paint Boldly. Just like the paint chip for this colour, there are 'colours' that i have adored lying dormant in my heart for years, they are bold, courageous, outside of the box. There are so many Hopes, dreams, ideas that i want to pursue but I have been afraid to make that first stroke, let alone paint the entire wall. I'm afraid of what it might look like to others or even to myself. Will people think I'm strange, will it be well received? What if it's not what I expected and i hate it...

Paint boldy, heather Paint boldly. Right now brings tears to my eyes. It pokes me in a soft spot in my heart that needs to be pressed. 'You are more than a conqueror.' this has been on my hearts for months (well, really for years). God pushing me, challenging me, to live open, to live boldly, to be unafraid of what He's doing in me and what He wants to do with me. He has been stirring me, changing me, teaching me, preparing me. It's time to step into change. 'It's time' i heard today.. The timing is right, and it was His timing all along. It's time to step into wholeness, clarity, calling. There is a reason why my room is Green. It was so that he could speak to me about exactly this on this day. So that he could speak to me about Boldness, He placed that colour in my heart years ago to show me that the desires in me were were placed deep in me a loong time ago and that he planned the timing of all of this. and even when I'm not sure what they will look like with that first stroke, I might be afraid, but if i follow through paint boldy, I will see His vision and He knows exactly how great it will be in the end.

ps. this colour is growing on me, the more i painted the more i liked it. i am looking at in different lights today, but i think it will look great and I love it.

No comments: