Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Circles and Squares...

for kate, 20 x 40
I got the opportunity to paint with a friend this past week, Trayc Dudgeon, something we have only done a few times before but is always interesting to see what comes about. Circles and Squares... 2 completely different styles forced to come together to create one piece. I originally came across the Concept a few years with a friend and fellow artist Elisabeth Heidinga during a conference - live painting. We challenged ourselves and felt really strongly that we were suppose to work together on the same painting. Some amazing things happened that day and we kinda shocked the church, 2 artist - known as such an individual craft, sharing a canvas, working together. It was a huge message about unity in the church and how God designed us to work as a body and not individuals. Since then I have a great time doing collaborations with other artists. It is such a unique experience. And really amazing freedom to paint and not feel threatened or competition but only as success if you surrender and work together in Unity. On Thursday,Tray and I  paintied into the night, had a great time talking,  catching up, drinking wine and painting and created these 2 pieces for 2 special friends and their 30th Birthdays! Girls I hope it was incredibly special, you both are very wonderful.

For Lindsay, 20 x 40
and by accident they fit together.... now if that doesn't say a whooole lot about using our creativity and how God wants to use us together... I don't know what does.. that is kinda rad. "Day 36"  20 x 80


jack is helping me paint the really big one I am working on now.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I absolutely loooove it! Wow, you both did an incredible job.