Tuesday, September 20, 2011

replace fear with curiosity


I found this picture and i absolutely love it. it kind of enbodies all of me right now.. You may or may not have known that I am a complete fanatic about photography. viewing GREAT photography feeds me, it somehow just pours into my spirit in a way that somehow not even painting does.  I would fill my walls with stunning photos that take your breath away. I have already started my collection with a stunning photo by Samantha McAndrews a great Barrie photographer, and a few beautiful orchid pieces i have loved for many years by Trayc Dudgeon, a brampton based Photographer.  I cannot wait to continue piecing works together to hang. I envision a wall in my house combined with art and photography and special pieces all over the house. You know I have been selling for a while but I just love art and photography so much I really want to start collecting more of others work. There is something so unique about original art, special, something that you can never replicated and the combination of great photography with original paintings, ahh it just makes my heart sing!

So how does this all to in to replacing fear with curiosity...? Well i finally decided to put away my fear and explore with curiosity and let my heart FREAK'N SING! Since High school I have been incredibly drawn to photography and a strong desire to make photos! Something has been holding me back. Afraid to step on feet, offend people, fear of the equipment, not enough knowledge, etc etc. its been about 15 years.. and  a million reason that I have told myself why I can't. Cautiously I dawdled in helping in some weddings, and did some fun shoots of my own but really didn't get in there. But as a creative person ad locking down even one part of your heart that wants to express itself is self destructive!!  and wanting to explore ALL of my creativity, it is killing me that I have been holding back for so long. So with the encouragement of many wonderful friends and family I picked up my SLR I bought 2.5 years ago and have never learned to completely use properly, and enrolled in a photography class at Sheridan College, part of the photography program there. 2 classes in and I am so excited!!!  I have learned SO much already and actually challenging myself to explore and be curious!!

So i guess this is to all of you that just are making up SO many excuses as to why you aren't trying something you love. Just pick it up and try! what have you got to loose? You are only stopping yourself from growing and learning and expressing your heart and having some great conversations with God! He has SOOO much that He wants to show you and create with you. So Replace your fear of the Unknown with Curiosity and Take off in Flight! 

No comments: