Friday, August 6, 2010

Just Be.

Jack is aaaasleep. We have had a rough time with sleep since coming back from the cottage last week. Seems we threw him waaay off and now he has been waking up and not napping well. Well night now. dare I say he has been sleeping for nearly 2 hours. Ahhh a nap that makes me feel like I have had a break. I have actually had enough time to take a shower and paint, check my email, and now blog.

Since Yesterday I have been thinking a lot about what I wrote. God has been pressing into me to stop doing and trying so hard and just be. I put so much pressure on myself and forget to enjoy life. Even when it comes down to painting. I LOVE painting. that and singing and dancing around my living room are my favourite things to do. i haven't been allowing myself to just enjoy painting, Just 'be-ing' in the moment, in the paint and 'be' with God. I have been thinking ahead, this needs to get done, For an upcoming show, or a commission, or expectation to do something good b/c the last one was. I have been putting stress on myself and I get stressed thinking about painting. I am taking away from myself the rest I find in painting and pressure painting sucks. I need to stop this. I need to just rest. I need to just let go and Be. Be Still, be quiet, be who he made me to be. I need to just lay it down and rest in HIM.

I need to just Be.

No comments: