Tuesday, August 31, 2010

December 3rd

i began creating this last year. I was pregnant and had just been put on bedrest because I was going into early labour. I was 28 weeks pregnant, I was stressed, freaking out and scared about if Jack was ok. I just kept running over the situation in my mind and all the what ifs', living with a premie in the hospital born nearly 2.5 months early and all of the complications and fears associated with it. I just kept pressing into God. Hoping that he'd shine a light on the whole situation. He told me to rest in him. "Those who live in the shelter of the most high God will find rest in Him. He will sheild you with his wings, he will shelter you with his feathers. His faithful promises are your armour and protection." Someone sent me an email and spoke into his spirit, 'little one, God has been with you in the secret place since the moment you were formed." What a beautiful word, it gave me peace and really got me through learning to rest over the next 10 weeks while i was on bedrest. "December 3rd" was born through all of this. It has been painted in layers since then. Unsure of what the finished piece would look like. it's still not finished, I will continue to wait, listen and paint as I feel led.

No comments: