Wednesday, January 25, 2012

2 years old!!!

 My little baby is growing up. I can't believe how much he has grown, how smart and hilarious he is, and how much joy he brings us. He is amazing. Every night we creep to his room and just stare at him, smiling like goofy kids at christmas over their great present. He is so big now, nearly filling his bed, wow, where did the time go? It doesn't feel long ago at all that I was holding him in my arms as a newborn snuggling him so tight.

A friend of mine recently asked me to photograph her daughters first birthday. What stood out to me were the details, she created the most incredible environment for this party and it got my wheels turning for my own little man. It was his birthday on Saturday, he is 2. I can't believe it!  We threw him a Birthday Party for him on Saturday, nothing big just a few close friends and their babies and our family. I couldn't think of a more perfect theme than Sesame Street b/c Jack Loves it! He knows all the characters and talks about them all the time, last night he even woke up from a dream talking about Ernie and Bert and Big Bird, it was adorable.. I knew that even though it was going to be a small party i wanted to do all in the details!! After weeks of crafting, cutting, making ernie and berts and cookie monsters, flags, cutting hundreds of circles (which was actually a stress reliever) lots of creative gathering of thoughts it all came together and I must say I am pretty proud. He was so happy when he came down that morning, he talked all about the decorations and  balloons and ernie and bert and elmo!  All those hours were totally worth it, just to see the smile on his face. Many sweet new things happened this weekend, just to name a couple, when asked how old he is he yells, "I TWOO" and holds out his forefinger and thumb, he sang Happy Birthday to the piano in key so soft and so sweet as he played along hitting the keys with grandma (we have never heard him sing a whole song before, it was adorable), he asked all weekend to sing skiminarinkeedinkeedink, row row row your boat, the wheels on the bus and head and shoulders (with all the actions),  and after much climbing in and out of the crib he is very proud of his new big boy bed we gave him last night, able to get in and out on his own. He is such a sweet little guy. I love to watch him grow even though I'm sad when I pack away each new item of clothing that doesn't fit him. You are the best. Happy Birthday my little man!!!

Tickles in the morning!

he woke up to a living room of balloons! he loved them, what fun!

Oscar - the garbage man (not the grouch, heehee)

some details... numbers confetti on tables
sesame street party isn't complete without bert and ernie! this was some fun cutting and pasting, I make a number of characters just by cutting out shapes from construction paper and pasting them together  like this!

loot bags, thanks for coming!



I saw this on a blog for sesame street party so cute, had to do it too, what a great idea for a snack for kids!

and so  I made some monster cookies too.


just to add a little colour to the table, pilsner glasses of jellybeans!

my cute little guy opening presents withe daddy
he was very excited about this bowling set.


and how can an artist mommy resist from buying her little boy who loves to draw and paint his very first easle.

Happy Birthday Jack, Love Elmo!

these took too long to skewer each one but they looked great.

my mom piped the letters of each kids name on their own cookie, and of course elmo is a must.

being tickled :) what a cutie, he had a lot of fun, playing and laughing, he is so great.
i wish my dinner table has this many yummy things on it every day. 


my cutie, wandering amongst the madness.


and how great are these!? Cookie monster and elmo cupcakes, I piped these all, my cookie monsters started to melt but were still cute, my elmos came out great and kept their shape.  I loved them and so did the kids.


the cupcake tower


everytone enjoying the toys

and Jack's very own 'Dorothy' just like Elmo has, a gift form his Auntie Carrie and Uncle Matt.

my little 2 year old man. He moves so much its often hard to get a picture of him. Here Daddy is giving him a massage" (jack comes up to you and asks you for a massage and when you massage his shoulders he laughs uncontrollably) what a sweetie.

good day, good friends.  i had made all these little flags and hung them throughout the house.

ohhhh present time, Lots of Thomas the Train, he LOVES trains.


just eating some elmo cupckes. jack ate one "eye" and decided he didn't want it anymore. ha!

being silly on the stairs

my cute little nephew Devin.

welcoming at the front door as you come in! 


hundred of handcut and sewn flags and circles, that was A LOT of work, but well worth it.

heehee just love these cupcakes!




Happy Birthday my little special guy. You are the best!

2 comments:

ctj said...

Looks like Jack had a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Carolyn

Katrina said...

It was fun to celebrate with you all! Love the photos, you did you a great job momma!