Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 3: Chronicles of toddler and his new big boy bed..

Nap time.. well the past 2 nights have been fairly successful, i was quite happy. Well then we reached today.. NAP TIME. The past 2 days I have been at work, so since our little switch over Jack has been and daycare napping in his playpen as usual. Until this point there has been no attempts to nap in the new big boy bed.  So I with hope, I followed our regular routine, and off to bed he went. No more than  min later he was out. So I then returned him back to bed. 30 seconds later, he is out. I return him again. and again and again and again and again and again for 1 hour and 35 minutes. So this is my afternoon, babysitting a freak'n door waiting for a small person to walk out of it. I have come to terms with that but this in and out of the bed and screaming and fits and flailing and crying, tears and excuses, I finally can relate to this book now.



I felt like when he was a newborn playing 'pass the baby' with my husband just to attempt to keep our insanity while he cried and cried.  But this time, i am alone. it is all up to me to not scream at him, burst out crying or break something. I continue to ask God for peace and stay strong because I know that it has gone on so long that if i give in, he wins. and he will do it ALL OVER AGAIN.  and with time it is really wearing me down, i am loosing patience and about to freak and right when I am about to loose my shit, he comes to the door one last time, i angrily i try not to show it but storm him back to his bed put him in and say "good night!" he looks at me and sits up, I say with desperation "no jack, its night night time" he cries, "MOMMMMMMMY!!!! .......BLAAANNNKET" (which doesn't mean he needs one, there is one in his crib, but it means he WANTS TO BE TUCKED IN NOW!! It registers to me very quickly, blanket!! HOLY CRAP blanket! FINALLY!!!!  OOOHHHH GLORIOUS BLANKET!! I HAVE WON!!!!!!!!!)

He sweetly lies down, I cover him with his favourite blanket. and he goes to sleep.

No comments: