Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Gift of Blessing

A while back I was asked to commission some paintings for some parents as gifts to their kids. I must say, this was the most touching, personal commission I have done in a while, if ever.  I think this gift is beautiful. The parents wrote letters, prophetic and encouraging words and blessings over each of their four girls. So unique and personal, it was just simply beautiful. I cried while painting them, so lost in worship, so overcome by the presence of God, the love that these parents have for their girls and love that I have for my own son and little miss or mr on their way. I incorporated their names and the letters written by each parent and painted in worship to listen to what God was showing me about each of them and what they and their name meant to Him also and were expressed visually on canvas. The importance of a name. Wow. the one you choose for your tiny person when they are born that has so much to say about who they are and who God has called them to be. There is SO much in a name.

This seemed to be a work in progress, first the parents writing of the letters then me waiting in the timing to paint them, waiting on the right moment in worship to paint them with Jesus, and I'm so glad I waited. Doing this forced just wouldn't have turned out the same. I think this is an amazing gift a parent can give their child, something personal, from them, that expresses their heart, and deep love for them individually and press in really deep into that little spirit, the love and security and blessing.

If you are interested in commissioning a similar project please email me at sinnott07@gmail.com.










2 comments:

Janna said...

Heather, these are extraordinary. I cried looking at them. Soooo excited to see them on our wall!!!
Janna

Paul said...

I have no words! More than my wild imagination hoped for. I am undone.