Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 10: Chronicles of toddler and his new big boy bed..

Day 10: Thank God Jack did sleep the night last night we all needed it. This morning was an early start, 6:15 am he woke up. Little did i know that every morning that he wakes this early and Luke puts him right back to bed. He sleeps for another hour and then gets up. I thought Luke had left already for the morning as our little puppy is getting spayed today and he was driving her in. when Jack woke up he sounded so awake, not cranky but wanted downstairs and didn't want any part of climbing into bed with me so I could catch some more zzz's. Grumpily (I am not a morning person) I stumbled downstairs to find Luke standing in the kitchen, keeping the dog quiet hoping that Jack would go down and had a sippy ready me milk to give to our little guy. He told me i should put him right back into bed, but now I'd lost my window of oppertunity and he was already watching toopy and binoo in our bed.

So a bit of a rough start for me, I hate getting up super early it seems to set me on the wrong path for the day and poor little guy, a rough start for him too, sinuses are full on pouring out of his face, eyes are dripping and had a fever last night. He stayed quiet this morning just wanting to watch tv and snuggle, but started to show signs of exhaustion very early, getting frustrated and crying, having fits over nothing, whining and finally I just decided he needs to go down, he's tired and sick. poor guy. Nap today is a success, no fight, just sleep, but I would be the same if i weren't feeling well too. Now for me to wake up and finally get out of this morning funk!

No comments: