Friday, February 3, 2012

insanity, Day 12

Today is a good day but it feels like insanity. My little man has had a stuffy nose and for those following, graduating to big boy bed, testing his limits, and ours... lol.  He woke up this morning, bright and early. (what is with the 5:30 am!!) its kind of killing us as the last what should be 2 hours of our sleep is waking with a small person and consistently putting him back to sleep will 7:30 with 15 min intervals of sleep ourselves. It takes 28 days to create or break a habit. I'm hoping the habit he creates is not getting in and out of bed starting at 5:30 am.

Today is insanity. Little man has just gone down and i am exhausted! yesyerday I spent all day alone editing a recent wedding (post coming soon!) and I need to just recoup and relax. Jack and I have had a blast this morning, but in the last hour i just haven't been able to keep up. i made french toast stars and hearts with bananas and strawberries this morning, and then had a morning of colouring, hotwheels, playing cars, reading, tickling, jumping, all the things I love to do. But when it comes to nap times which used to be so easy it has felt very hard lately. I'm tired and baby is growing and getting bigger, taking more energy from me and I am actually feeling myself run out but the time nap rolls around. Like I need a nap myself. Today he went down easy, seemed to want to nap in his crib but at night wants to sleep in the big bed. That's fine with me, whatever is good with him. He got up once asking where his pillow was,  I found it and asked him to get in bed, he got in on his own, i put the covers on his and he laid down and went to sleep.  I sit here just zonked! I want to take a shower, feel clean and refreshed but want to sleep and be lazy and watch last nights episode of Greys. I know there is a lot of work for me that needs to be done but I just need a break.

As i look around the house looks in shambles, I have been nursing a sick baby to health, trying to fight a cold myself, the dog got spayed 2 days ago and trying to keep her calm is a full time job so she doesn't rip her stitches open and just cleaning and picking up over and over the same things I just can't keep up. Today I think I will just let the tornado of insanity take over and surrender.


No comments: